Here are our 5 tips when buying gifts for her:
1. Listen - She will tell you what she wants/likes even if she doesn't realiseThis may seem like an obvious tip but most woman/people tend to drop hints about what they like and want, even if they don't realise they are doing it.
She may have said that after her next pay-day she might spoil herself with those new earrings, make-up brushes, trainers, speakers, etc. which is an obvious indication of the things she wants. Another huge one to listen out for is, “I want a few new cushions for the sofa but I can't justify getting them right now.”
However, some women may be a little more subtle or not be trying to drop hints at all. Some more phrases worth listening out for are:
I'm nearly out of perfume
My boots are starting to look really worn
I really like Green Day's new album
I could do with a jewellery box
The key to surprising her with a gift she wants is to listen for indicators in normal conversation, especially if she is complaining (as everyone does) about something she currently has! Also, make a note of it straight away so you don't forget.
2. Think about her as a personWe don't just mean think about 'what will she like' as you desperately rush around a store. We mean think about what she already has and what she already likes, does she have a lot of jewellery or home knick-knacks, is she a fan of wine, tea or soft drinks, what does she enjoy doing?
Write down what you already know about her in a list and you'll be surprised how much difference this makes when you shop for a gift.
For instance, if you know she has a lot of jewellery you might realise that you don't really want to buy her more, but it shows she might need something to keep it all together, something like a jewellery box. Or if she loves flowers but you don't want to buy her something that won't last, get her something more permanent (and romantic) like a silver rose.
By following this thought pattern you can explain why you bought her that gift and, trust us, if you show her it's because you pay attention to her, you will get some major brownie points.
3. Buy her a simple gift but make it uniqueYou know she likes a drink of wine in the evening – the list from tip 2 tells you so. Yet what can you do with that information to give her something she'll love – getting her some new wine glasses and a bottle of rosé might sound a bit simple.
But, it's important to remember that when you are buying gifts for her, you want to get her something that she'll love and use. So take those wine glasses and that bottle of wine and have them personalised with a special message or date that will be meaningful.
The same idea can work with so many other types of gifts too like jewellery, cushions and even candles.
This will show that not only have you thought about what she likes but taken that information to a whole new level to make sure you put a real smile on her face.
4. Don't buy her something mundane - spoil her!It might be that you have put previous steps together and resulted in:
1. She said: “I could do with a new set of pans.”
2. She loves cooking.
3. I will personalise some pans for her.
However, the key to getting her a gift she will love is buying something that spoils her. You may argue that she is not the type of woman that likes being spoiled, however, we are here to tell you that any woman likes knowing someone loves her enough to really put effort into her gift and buy her something special.
Despite top tip number 1, don't fall into the trap of getting her something she needs that isn't special, for instance:
I'm nearly out of shampoo
My break pads are starting to look really worn (just suggest she get these sorted anyway!)
I really like my mum's fabric softener
I could do with some new socks
You see what we mean.
5. The gift doesn't have to be a 'gift'Bear with us for this one. If you think of buying a gift, you think of a (hopefully) beautifully wrapped item that she can open and hold – This doesn't have to be the case.
If there is something you think she may enjoy doing it's possible that an experience day or weekend away may be a better gift for her than a new jumper.
There are so many experience days out there, from spa days, vineyard tours and cupcake decorating classes to super car driving blasts and bungee jumping experiences, so it's definitely another thing to put into the equation when buying gifts for her.
If you need any more help or information about buying Gifts for Her then check out our website. Most of our gifts can be personalised in-house and sent directly to her door with a card.